1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickens and water

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by aceintoledo, Jul 3, 2012.

1. aceintoledo

aceintoledo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    Ohio
    Does anyones chickens use a kiddie pool to splash around in? The reason I ask is it's been 90+ as it has for many of us, and we happen to be getting a pop-up downpour and my chickens seem to be loving the rain!

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

Ive never seen mine go near any kiddy pool Except to drink...i did have a turkey hen that used to jump in the pool with my call ducks...she loved to splash and play with them!!!

3. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    No, I don't have one. I do keep a hose running with cool water that pools up in their wooded area. They walk in the cool pool of water and also drink it too.

I dunk my flock during these hot days. Today is extremely humid with 100 temps. Ugh. The poor flock. I will be gone most the day today since its a holiday. I'll dunk before I leave and when I get home. I free range, so they take refuge under the trees.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by