chickens are bad investments!

I am with everyone else. I always wanted chickens but just never did it. Then one day- saw a post on craigs list for free chickens and coop. Called my friend with a truck and came home with a nice coop but no outdoor area and I think it was 14 birds. I had a 5 by 5 chain link kennel that was going to serve as temporary housing but had way too many birds .. So another phone call to another friend- hey- trade ya manpower to get the coop off the truck and set- for half the birds. And so it began. I do sell eggs...just $2 a dozen only to a few people I know. If I figured it out- it MIGHT cover the cost of the feed- but that's it if that. I am sure Lowe's loves me- I am there at elast every other week asking them what they think if this idea or that, and occasionally not even telling them the idea cause it seems Ludacris even to me but I'm willing to give it a shot. I love to watch them free range which was a long time coming cause I was nervous they would leave for the neighbors flock- but in the end it is all worth it. Cant beat sitting down after work and watching them hunt and peck around for whatever they may find.

Back
Top Bottom