Chickens are gone!

Im sorry to hear that, please let us know what you found out. If the animals were completely GONE? without any blood around? interesting, since anything attacking them, feathers everywhere for sure, but generally blood too from the fight. Sounds like it's time to put up a 4160 Kitty Tickler.

Even a neighbors dog, id not think would drag them away but would eat them right there, .. hmm very intriguing.
Aaron

Im sorry to hear that, please let us know what you found out. If the animals were completely GONE? without any blood around? interesting, since anything attacking them, feathers everywhere for sure, but generally blood too from the fight. Sounds like it's time to put up a 4160 Kitty Tickler.

Even a neighbors dog, id not think would drag them away but would eat them right there, .. hmm very intriguing.
Aaron
Yeah, just gone. There were feathers, but only enough to be from about three chickens. About 10 went missing. Ordered a game camera today, hope it comes soon!!!

If the door was open, there is a chance maybe that whatever attacked the one or two, got them, but with the open door, the rest of them hauled ass and are around somewhere? A hawk spooked my girls one day and while the rest went berserk and ran under the bushes to hide, the biggest fatass of them all, managed to make it up over the fence and I found her walking around outside close to the neighbors house. Point being, when scared, they can do some crazy things you'd NEVER expect otherwise. Did you take a look around to see if yours are hanging out somewhere fairly close.

Do any of your neighbors have chickens too? Maybe someone's flock suddenly became a few birds bigger? It's happened before.

Aaron

If the door was open, there is a chance maybe that whatever attacked the one or two, got them, but with the open door, the rest of them hauled ass and are around somewhere? A hawk spooked my girls one day and while the rest went berserk and ran under the bushes to hide, the biggest fatass of them all, managed to make it up over the fence and I found her walking around outside close to the neighbors house. Point being, when scared, they can do some crazy things you'd NEVER expect otherwise. Did you take a look around to see if yours are hanging out somewhere fairly close.

Do any of your neighbors have chickens too? Maybe someone's flock suddenly became a few birds bigger? It's happened before.

Aaron
I thought of that too. I searched my entire 4 acres, not a thing to be found! Besides the dead rooster, who must’ve chased whatever it was to try to protect his girls. He was a ways from the coop.

Back
Top Bottom