1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens are smarter than we think!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by roostersandhens, Aug 30, 2013.

1. A scientist just did a test! Chickens are smarter than an average 4 year old! They can even do math! Until today pigs were the second smartest animal, but pigs are only smarter than an average 3 year old humane! Now the new 2nd smartest animal is.. THE CHICKEN! [​IMG] Should we be mistreating them? NO! Chickens are now the second smartest animal in the world! I have always tried to convince people they were smart but now I have proof! I'm very happy about this! I'll get the link to where I found this and post it if your interested in learning more!

2. foreverlearning

foreverlearning Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    No one should mistreat a chicken even if they were the dumbest animal on earth. That being said, anyone that has ever owned chickens knows they are smart as heck. I would love to see that link.

3. Same here, I'd love a link!

4. I will go copy and paste a link right now! it's really interesting!

5. Thanks!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awesome article! Thanks for sharing! I bookmarked it too! I always knew my girls were very smart! You just have to love chickens! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by