Chickens at school!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NoelTate, May 18, 2009.

1. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Thought I'd share a story about the three new hens I seem to have acquired today. I teach at a high school. The seniors traditionally play pranks at the end of the school year. Today, a teacher arrived at her room to find three young barred rock pullets walking around eating bird seed all over her floor. Seems the seniors put them in her window during the night. Being the animal guy on campus, they called me over. Thought our principal was going to take them home to start himself a coop, but he decided he did not have time, so they are going home with me. I thought that was a funny way to get new birds...at least they are all pullets!

2. texaschick-a-dee

texaschick-a-dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas coast
    That's a good prank. We have way too many cameras on our campus for the seniors to get away with anything. Congrats on the new chicks!

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    That's the perfect kind of prank: unexpected, doesn't hurt anyone/thing, silly, and on this side of messy.

Not to mention: FREE PULLETS!!

4. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    The senior class following mine turned a live turkey loose in the hallway. [​IMG]

5. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    lol! That's a great prank. Lucky you for getting the pullets, too!!

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    We filled up the quad with water and some goldfish. Took all dang night... um.... not that I helped.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by