Chickens ate weeds sprayed with weed killer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Penradical, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Penradical

Penradical Just Hatched

Apr 25, 2017
    I didn't know my gardeners sprayed our backyard with weed killer. We let the chickens free range in th same area a few days later. We have been getting small eggs from two of our girls. Is this a sign of being poisoned? I don't know what to do and I feel terrible. It's been a week since they sprayed the weeds and about 4 days since they have free ranged in that area. Would I see other symptoms by now? Thank you.

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Penradical [​IMG] Welcome!

Yikes! Yeah, I think you would have seen symptoms by now but just to be on the safe side, you might want to post your question on the ER Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I do hope that they are OK.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

3. Penradical

Penradical Just Hatched

Apr 25, 2017
    Thank you. Everything was so helpful in your post. [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Teila has given you the best links for you to get some advice.

Good luck
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by