1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Chickens ate weeds sprayed with weed killer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Penradical, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Penradical

Penradical In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2017
    I didn't know my gardeners sprayed our backyard with weed killer. We let the chickens free range in th same area a few days later. We have been getting small eggs from two of our girls. Is this a sign of being poisoned? I don't know what to do and I feel terrible. It's been a week since they sprayed the weeds and about 4 days since they have free ranged in that area. Would I see other symptoms by now? Thank you.

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Penradical [​IMG] Welcome!

Yikes! Yeah, I think you would have seen symptoms by now but just to be on the safe side, you might want to post your question on the ER Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I do hope that they are OK.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

3. Penradical

Penradical In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2017
    Thank you. Everything was so helpful in your post. [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Teila has given you the best links for you to get some advice.

Good luck
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by