Chickens, Ducks, Geese and Turkeys

TnTBirds

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 12, 2014
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - I started raising chickens a couple of years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? - about 15 right now. Looking to increase to about 30.

(3) What breeds do you have? Orpingtons, Astralorps, Leg horns, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, and mutts.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? - I have been researching raising chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese etc.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? gardening, raising rabbits, and other animals, canning and preserving fruits and veggies, reading and anything outside

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
- my chickens are my pets, with 2 cats, a great dane, another rescue dog and several rabbits. My occupation is in Accounting. My daughter and 4-H is how we started raising chickens and ducks. We have branched out into geese, ducks, and turkeys this year.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction, and some very good, dual purpose breeds. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy, calm and gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. I also have some Buff Orpingtons in my flock and they are a great breed as well; very friendly and gentle. My granddaughter has made lap pets out of them. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom