Chickens eaten slug pellets

NightFury06

Songster
Apr 3, 2020
England
Hi chicken lovers!
I have a slight problem... the other day I put slug pellets around my chicken run. I decided to keep them in for a bit until the pellets dissolved or something, but my mum told me they wouldn’t eat them, so I let them out at around 11am.
9 hours later, all the pellets are gone and the chicken poos I can see around the coop have a bluish tint. The chickens themselves seem to be ok, but I’m worried.
Does anyone know if they are harmful? The slug pellets say they are organic, does that make them non poisonous? And is there anything I can do if they are harmful?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!​

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi chicken lovers!
I have a slight problem... the other day I put slug pellets around my chicken run. I decided to keep them in for a bit until the pellets dissolved or something, but my mum told me they wouldn’t eat them, so I let them out at around 11am.
9 hours later, all the pellets are gone and the chicken poos I can see around the coop have a bluish tint. The chickens themselves seem to be ok, but I’m worried.
Does anyone know if they are harmful? The slug pellets say they are organic, does that make them non poisonous? And is there anything I can do if they are harmful?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!​
Is there a phone number or website contact on the Slug Pellet container? It would be best to contact the manufacturer of the product and ask them about their product.

I will look and see. Incase you need to know, it says the ingredients are hydrated ferric phosphate and anhydrous ferric phosphate.

Back
Top Bottom