Chickens....finally

6hens4me

In the Brooder
Dec 21, 2015
I have wanted to have chickens forever, as in over a decade. It has finally happen now that life is starting to slow down now that all my children are older and I have more time for my interests. I have a nice little set up for my hens, nearly a 16x16 enclosure. So far I am the only one who is really interested in caring for the hens but hope my family will soon join me in my interest. My girls are on the older side which I felt was the right choice since I am still learning the ropes and what I like and don't like about the coop, run and the enclosed area.

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

Congratulations on getting your own flock.

A warm welcome to BYC- great to have you onboard. It's a good idea to start off slowly and work out what works for you.

Lots of info on this site and tons of helpful members- be sure to make the most of both:D

All the best

Ct

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

We are glad you joined us!
Congratulations on your new flock! I hope that your family starts to like your chickens more, chickens are very fun, and such a neat experience to have them!

I have wanted to have chickens forever, as in over a decade. It has finally happen now that life is starting to slow down now that all my children are older and I have more time for my interests. I have a nice little set up for my hens, nearly a 16x16 enclosure. So far I am the only one who is really interested in caring for the hens but hope my family will soon join me in my interest. My girls are on the older side which I felt was the right choice since I am still learning the ropes and what I like and don't like about the coop, run and the enclosed area.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Now you know what I feel like in my family. I'm the bird enthusiast. My dad stills helps with my birds when I need him to but cattle is more of his passion than poultry like mine. I like cattle too but poultry is my favorite (especially peafowl).

Last edited:
I have wanted to have chickens forever, as in over a decade.  It has finally happen now that life is starting to slow down now that all my children are older and I have more time for my interests. I have a nice little set up for my hens, nearly a 16x16 enclosure.  So far I am the only one who is really interested in caring for the hens but hope my family will soon join me in my interest.  My girls are on the older side which I felt was the right choice since I am still learning the ropes and what I like and don't like about the coop, run and the enclosed area. 

That's sooo awesome. We just did the same thing in purchasing property, and building our farm
1f60a.png
It's been 3 years now, and as you go the kiddo's no matter what their age's will have interest in one way or another! You could boast about ffa and 4h to them if they're under 20. There are ribbons and prizes for what you grow on your farm! We have several different kinds of livestock now. Out of 7 kiddos, one helps full time, one came to try it out, and now her kids have farm fever even if she doesn't! One reminds her kids that were the grands with the pugs, eventho our chickens started it all, one is moving to another state to start his own compound, one can't wait to visit, and one will visit and help out for the love of animals, but acts like the grandma in the end, spoiling the kid's n leaving, lol. And our youngest hasn't decided what he wants to show yet!! All this 3 years in! Just set the way, they will follow!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom