Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note, I think One of my chickens ate a smallish looking toad today. Saw them chasing each other around didnt get to it in time to check. Now Im worried it might have been a Cane toad. Any harm to the chicken? Or eggs?:sick

Eek, just looked those up because I thought they were only in Australia. Looks like they're in Oahu, South America, southern Texas, and Florida as well. I hope your chicken is okay. Maybe you can contact your local extension agent/ag school to ask about the cane toad population in your area and how to identify them. Good luck and hope the chicken is well!

Double post, sorry --
On a more serious note, I think One of my chickens ate a smallish looking toad today. Saw them chasing each other around didnt get to it in time to check. Now Im worried it might have been a Cane toad. Any harm to the chicken? Or eggs?:sick

Eek, just looked those up because I thought they were only in Australia. Looks like they're in Oahu, South America, southern Texas, and Florida as well. I hope your chicken is okay. Maybe you can contact your local extension agent/ag school to ask about the cane toad population in your area and how to identify them. Good luck and hope the chicken is well!

Last edited:
I was just saying about the swab for MG, not that it isn't easily done, but my friend says that even though a person has all the symptoms, xray, and bloodwork proof that he has mycoplasma (MG), very seldom do they grow out positive cultures for it. It surely is the same for chicken MG.

I was just saying about the swab for MG, not that it isn't easily done, but my friend says that even though a person has all the symptoms, xray, and bloodwork proof that he has mycoplasma (MG), very seldom do they grow out positive cultures for it. It surely is the same for chicken
The article clearly state the procedure for swab test and how they culture for MG. If what you and your friend say is true there would be no such thing as MG, other wise how would it ever been discovered? Not only are cultures grown from MG, they use those same cultures to make the antibodies you can purchase as injectable preventive for chicks. I would be delighted to give you more information. I have been researching chicken diseases for way to long and it is a thorn in my side. I can't seem to help myself. It is like a curse.

The only way you will know is to try it and see...the only thing that could be of any question is the caffeine. You may have some hopped up chickens on your hands who can't sleep at night and will crow to let you know it.
big_smile.png
Just kiddin'....throw some at them and see what happens. Let us know?

The only way you will know is to try it and see...the only thing that could be of any question is the caffeine. You may have some hopped up chickens on your hands who can't sleep at night and will crow to let you know it.
big_smile.png
Just kiddin'....throw some at them and see what happens. Let us know?
Hope most of the caffine is brewed out of the grounds....I don't need cranky chickens in the morning demanding more coffee grounds and fresh coffee cake. Will give a try......just a little.

You have done a fantastic job with this thread Jules, Your the cornerstone of common sense and humor. Keep up the good work many people have learned so much from you.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom