Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My chickens are just BYC for a hobby to get me outside to care for something since my teenagers don't need me so much. I'm always thinking of ways to improve their housing and such. My hubby takes the extra eggs to work. I like watching the chickens through out the day. I'm not kiling any chicken. They'll die on their own. with the flock free ranging it saves of feed. Winter may be a different story. I'm already thinking about how deal with them in the winter. I heard lots of snow for this coming winter. I wish they would eat stink bugs.
Chickens are usually happy with anything we feed them, enjoy seeing us, and like to go to sleep at dark!
roll.png
Can't say the same for the teenagers.

Last edited:
Code:
I love this thread. About 40 pages ago Bee posted a link to the fermented feed for meat birds thread. I took a 4 day brake from here to read through the two hundred pg of that thread. I started back here last Monday. Everytime I thought I was catching up I would see that you guys had added a couple more pages for me to read!
5 days later, I am finally cought up!!!

P.S. I started the fermented feed about 5 days ago, the chickens love it. Only prob is, So Does My Dog!

Last edited:
And they don't stand hours looking into the fridge...for the hundredth time...and complaining that there just isn't any food in the house.

Nomibear, my dogs loved all the chicken's food...this is one reason I had to feed in the coop.
rant.gif

Glad you found both threads enlightening!

Since most of my birds are moving around, I don't have much poop. Most of it ends up as a fine dust that seems to be on everything. I have friends asking for poop and I tell them if you can find any, it is yours. There isn't any in the breeding pens either, as the birds keep churning up the litter.

Walt

What about poor Fred. That's his money maker......Fred is making money off the poop........and anyone who can make money selling poop is alright in my book.

Walt

Ok, Walt, I've been researching for hours and hours and crunched the number to the nth degree. I've discovered a possible solution and, at the same time, a potential money maker for you, as well. It's called a Metro PC vacuum cleaner, designed to suck the poop dust off you computer screen and TV. I haven't figured how long it is going to take to collect enough to make this venture profitable and I stymied a bit on computing the retail value of your poop dust.

I should alert you, however, we have hit a bit of a snag, as we are still struggling with getting the Ag Dept certification of the dust being properly labelled as organic, thus, effectively doubling your selling point. I have dismissed the wholesale potential, as I just don't think your production could justify the volume. Still working on the numbers.... I'll let you know what the team we've employed finally comes up with as a proposal.

Your's Always,
Fred

Last edited:
i need to tell all you guys this.there are people on here who have integrity . i met loanwizard in person the other day. he knows i collect bull mastiffs as well as chickens. he called me with a very abused bull mastiff puppy that was going to be destroyed. i drove 7 hrs one way to get this dog. i am proud to say "ruby" is responding very nicely. now all i need to do is get 50lbs on her and she won't look like a sarah mclockland ad on t.v.
i know this is not about chickens and i may get some flack. however i felt a public " thank you "was in order.

thank you,
shawn

enjoy the incubator.
yes fred i still have one for you.

i need to tell all you guys this.there are people on here who have integrity . i met loanwizard in person the other day. he knows i collect bull mastiffs as well as chickens. he called me with a very abused bull mastiff puppy that was going to be destroyed. i drove 7 hrs one way to get this dog. i am proud to say "ruby" is responding very nicely. now all i need to do is get 50lbs on her and she won't look like a sarah mclockland ad on t.v.
i know this is not about chickens and i may get some flack. however i felt a public " thank you "was in order.

thank you,
shawn

enjoy the incubator.
You're a good guy Bruce. Not many will rescue the biggies.
Old English Mastiff breeder, Vickie

thank you,
shawn

enjoy the incubator.
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom