Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes your straw comes with mites. Check it before you use it or bring it home. Mice carry it also. Keep your rodents out of the coop by covering your feeds and feeding outside. You can also use electronic deterrent's. Ammonia and urine keeps not only coons and possums out of the coops, it helps to keep mice out. Re-soak those tennis balls in Ammonia just before the weather turns cold.

Delisha, how long do you soak the tennis balls and is there a certain place you should put the tennis balls?

Thanks,

Lisa :)

lol.png
Yes...much props to Al's wife for heroics in the battle field. She deserves a medal!

Thought all you OTs would enjoy this clip... I want this kind of farm truck!

To go from stopped to 128mph in 10 seconds in an 1/4 mile.... .well... most of the cars that can do that don't look like that truck......lol That rig wouldn't pass the safety crew where I race....too many loose things flapping around.

Walt

Last edited:
:lol:   Yes...much props to Al's wife for heroics in the battle field.  She deserves a medal! 

Thought all you OTs would enjoy this clip... I want this kind of farm truck! 

I'm guessing 1970 model or close to it with split rim wheels. I had one with split rims. Hell to get them worked on. Tire guys are scared of those. LOL What a truck! But I don't want a speeder, I want a puller! Different.

Last edited:
When I get those annoying telemarketer calls I have some fun with them, that's just me...................... if it's a girl I ask what their wearing in my best perv voice, they hang up fast.............. if it's a dude I ask the same question and they hang up even faster.
ep.gif

Sometimes I ask them for their personal phone number, they ask why and I promptly say I am also a business owner with some products I would like to tell them about. When they say no I ask them soooo you don't want somebody calling you trying to sell you stuff, they say yes that's right, then I say back to them....................... Ok so now you know how I feel right now, and hang up LOL. I am such a mess LOL.

I also love to have fun with the little old ladies from the LDS church who show up at my door step at 9:00 on Sunday morning, to attempt to rid me of my evil way's LOL. I always make sure my robe is open more than normal and pretend that everything is fine, then I spew some of Ole AL's version of why it's cool to have 4 wives. Yes there are times when I am certifiable.
You ain't lived Al until you have bail bond calls for 3 years, at all hours of the day and night. I finally called the jail, and demanded to know just WHERE these people had been getting my number in all that time. It was incorrectly listed on the jail wall as a bonding service. The hoot is that all those years I told all the callers, "I'll be right down". Probably some of 'em still waiting !

When I get those annoying telemarketer calls I have some fun with them, that's just me...................... if it's a girl I ask what their wearing in my best perv voice, they hang up fast.............. if it's a dude I ask the same question and they hang up even faster.
ep.gif

Sometimes I ask them for their personal phone number, they ask why and I promptly say I am also a business owner with some products I would like to tell them about. When they say no I ask them soooo you don't want somebody calling you trying to sell you stuff, they say yes that's right, then I say back to them....................... Ok so now you know how I feel right now, and hang up LOL. I am such a mess LOL.

I also love to have fun with the little old ladies from the LDS church who show up at my door step at 9:00 on Sunday morning, to attempt to rid me of my evil way's LOL. I always make sure my robe is open more than normal and pretend that everything is fine, then I spew some of Ole AL's version of why it's cool to have 4 wives. Yes there are times when I am certifiable.
lau.gif

I assumed you just soak them for awhile. lol. Then wiz them under the house in the crawl spaces. If they come wizzing back out at you.....run!

Lisa, you make me laugh!!
big_smile.png
If it comes wizzing back at me, I am going for my 12 gauge!! From what I had read earlier there was mention of putting them in the chicken coop. I didn't want to put them in there and make my girls sick. Just curious as to where other people have put them.

(Texas) Lisa :)

You ain't lived Al until you have bail bond calls for 3 years, at all hours of the day and night. I finally called the jail, and demanded to know just WHERE these people had been getting my number in all that time. It was incorrectly listed on the jail wall as a bonding service. The hoot is that all those years I told all the callers, "I'll be right down". Probably some of 'em still waiting !

You were lucky it said bail bonds.....it could have been a lot worse. Having your number on any wall is not a good thing.

w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom