Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Fred...when shall you conduct these lessons? Weekly? Bi-weekly? That last one must have plumb wore folks out! This thread has been as quiet as the grave today.
tongue.png

Didn't wear me out, just this stupid thing I have to do 4-5 days a week to pay the bills :)

There's been a suggestion to suspend quizzes until after the holidays and I'm wondering about y'all....how does that sound to all you OTs? After the holidays and before chick orders get placed?
gig.gif

There's been a suggestion to suspend quizzes until after the holidays and I'm wondering about y'all....how does that sound to all you OTs? After the holidays and before chick orders get placed?
gig.gif
I was thinking the same thing. January usually has me going nuts being cooped (heh) up in the house.

Edit: Oops I just saw where you were asking the OT's. I'm an OT, just not in chickens. ;)

Last edited:
gig.gif
Sounds like a great idea!
(answering not because I fancy myself an OT. I just loved the idea that much
hide.gif
I couldn't help it)

Last edited:
Quote FRED:
Good class and needs to be printed as a sticky somewhere. Want something? Do some work to get it and it will increase your chances of having what you want.
Well I got you a Christmas present also Bee....... I hope you like it.

I do but they better have it in a bigger size than that one...
big_smile.png

I'm soooooo glad we got our gift giving out of the way this early. Now we can get back to setting up Al for teaching the class on how to sex your chicks.

I didn't think anybody ever remembered that, I am not sure that is a good idea though Bee. After I posted that nice long well documented how to post folks just kept sayin stuff like...............

Oh no I couldn't do that to my little girls
or
how could you !!! doesn't it hurt them ??
and
well that's just plain mean, how could you.

So it died a slow painfull death, because as you are well aware Bee once the Foo-Foo huggers get on a roll they feed off each other like crazed little chicken Zombies, and it goes downhill quick cause they're all short on ceribelum volume.
I still use those methods to this day with great results and it's a regular practice before I toe punch and leg band them.

Besides if they were to learn how they couldn't post Rooster or Hen ID questions, and that's too much fun for them.

Last edited:
Whew.  For a minute I thought the dumb blonde jerk was your husband...  :eek:

Oh, boy!  Al's gonna quiz us on how to train a rooster!   

Ha! My husband isn't blonde, or dumb. The other word applies at times, but only when I don't get what I want And have to do some foot stomping and pouting. THEN I get what I want ;) Except a goat... Still haven't managed to get him to give in on that one. Have bees comin in the spring though! :D and it took me yeeeaaarrrrrs to get chickens, but he loves having them around now!

...I've already got practice with Al's rooster training methods! Roos leave me alone... But not the husband. Hehehe.

Well I got you a Christmas present also Bee....... I hope you like it.

I NEED one of those to wear to work ;)

I didn't think anybody ever remembered that, I am not sure that is a good idea though Bee. After I posted that nice long well documented how to post folks just kept sayin stuff like...............

or
and

So it died a slow painfull death, because as you are well aware Bee once the Foo-Foo huggers get on a roll they feed off each other like crazed little chicken Zombies, and it goes downhill quick cause they're all short on ceribelum volume.
I still use those methods to this day with great results and it's a regular practice before I toe punch and leg band them.

Besides if they were to learn how they couldn't post Rooster or Hen ID questions, and that's too much fun for them.

As someone who recently posted a pic to this thread asking just that, you have now piqued my curiosity & im sure I'd love to learn your method, Al. I'm certain I can handle it!

Quote:
Not to mention Mondays some of us are back to work.

Quote:
Yeah, but the "laying" questions come later. After the chicks are at least 3 weeks old.
lau.gif

lau.gif
Well, get out yer duct tape stompin' boots, Al, and keep those pesky posts outta here!

Here, Al...bought you something for Christmas. Wear it well.
love.gif

Quote:

or
and

I still use those methods to this day with great results and it's a regular practice before I toe punch and leg band them.

Link, please...
pop.gif

A discussion of how to toe punch would be helpful too. I'm gonna need to do that in a couple of months.

Sarah

Last edited:
Al.
big_smile.png

I found another baby pic of you.... do you mind if I share it? Just one itty-bitty one?

I smell a rat.............. or a set up............. this can't be good !!!............ but what the H3ll Bee I trust you not to make me look to bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom