Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very glad and grateful that someone pulled up this old tread there is some really good reading here and excellent thoughts and advise.

Here is my stab at 5.

1. Chickens do not need treats or warm mushy human food, served to them.

2. Chickens brains are not wired like a humans, they don't think about..... Gee that rooster sure is being mean to me. and they are not emotional like most prefer to think they are.

3. Chickens do not require names to survive, or diapers, or aprons.

4. News flash.......... chickens actually do much better outside not in the house lounging on your sofa leaving you a smelly little gift and scratching in the carpet for bug's.

5. Holding a chicken to your face WILL !!! get yer eye poked out.

BEEKISSED,

love the mamma roo pics!!! hilariously cute. I had a roo that looked after chicks too. And he also cared if they had water and lived. lol.

yuckyuck.gif

I have 42 golden comets, over the last several days I have one hen, who I think is broody. She is always in the nest trying to hatch a group of eggs that were laid by the others.
How long does this last?
hmm.png

I have 42 golden comets, over the last several days I have one hen, who I think is broody. She is always in the nest trying to hatch a group of eggs that were laid by the others.
How long does this last?
hmm.png

Until she hatches something....
big_smile.png
If you don't want any babies, you will want to change her mind. If you do, you need to move her and her eggs to a quiet place and let nature happen. There are many methods to change her mind but most agree that you can isolate a bird for a few days and it does a good job of getting her mind off broodiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom