Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is MO a she? I'm never really sure on here and I wouldn't presume....but if a he, I hope he isn't wearing a bonnet. If he is, I'm sending him over to play chicken dress up with Al!
lol.png

life is interesting. what i have found in life is awareness is the key. once you become aware of something either in humans or animals it is your responsibility to either accept it, correct it or move on .if i don;t do any of these solutions the kaios continues.
i practice this in all aspects of my life. i do it with people, business, and my flock.

i choose to sit with my flock.

bee your to late with my diaper i ruined my hardwood floors.

I agree~it's all about balance, really, and what you want to keep... or what you want to get rid of....stress is something I actively get rid of and holding onto angst and hurt feelings causes stress.

Sorry about the diaper delivery, will try to be more prompt. It's just that now that Al and Walt has come out of the froo froo closet, I have been swamped by orders from guys who now feel it's okay to do the same.

One guy phoned in an order for emu diapers that is leaving me scrambling for more material.
th.gif

Beekissed: Thank you for so eloquently responding to my post. Some of what you have stated is valid. However, the party in question seems to be on the BYC site on a regular basis. In addition when I get a private message I am alerted via my e-mail, so it is hard to miss.
I have learned since my post that I am not the only party that has had rude treatment from this individual. I really was interested in the opinion of others and not attempting to send a message to the person in question.

Hardwood floors cause bumblefoot. You should get carpet.

Carpet harbors mold spores and parasites...you really should change out to concrete or soil, with maybe some wood chips as an overlay. Rake instead of using your sweeper...the sweeper can cause severe emotional trauma in chickens. Ever dealt with a bird with PTSD? It ain't pretty.
hmm.png

I am so far behind on this thread! Gah! I can't even keep up with the current talk much less catch up on the 300+ other pages I have yet to read!

I also totally agree with whoever it was that said a while back (I'm sure many many pages at this point) that this thread has totally ruined me for reading much of anything else on here. I have always raised an eyebrow at many of the threads, then started to wonder if maybe I was the the weird one. Now? I subscribe to it in hopes that maybe, just maybe, one of the OTs might have input on it
hide.gif
. Bad, I know
roll.png

So, when is someone going to get the OT book published??? I want a copy!

Last edited:
Getting there on the book....busy sewing diapers for Al, Walt and now for Bruce. I think if they are going to start diapering their chickens they need to learn how to sew, don't you?
idunno.gif

Now I have this darn emu order and I can't keep up with it all......
th.gif

being i have a doggy door and yesterday when i came home. i found my 4 columbian marked chickens in my kitchen eating the cat food. so this morning i called the top soil guys and i am having them deliver 4 tons of soil so i can cover my floors in it. i thought this out long and hard. first i am going to spread the soil out and move the chickens in so i can be close to them and they can have air conditioning and tv. i called my friend who does the home improvement to remove my roof and replace it with a retractable sky dome so my chickens can have fresh sunshine and air. the total cost of my adventure is 60,000 us dollars . god knows it is for the welfare of my precious chickens. on a personal note . i will never be out classed by a person who could only spend a small sum of 2500.00 for their chicken;s operation. some people should not be allowed to have chickens. they simply can't afford it and should learn to live in their means.
i would also like to invite walt, al bee. fred , ridgerunner, and all others who feel they have an absolute need to give their chickens resort living. i have a big home and we could all live here hippie style.

bee i also have a rather large basement so you can set up your very own chicken accessory line with such products as diapers, aprons and of course the latest chicken knapsack for those of you who want to take their chicken everywhere without the risk of eye injury.

ok i have way to much time on my hands.

Carpet harbors mold spores and parasites...you really should change out to concrete or soil, with maybe some wood chips as an overlay. Rake instead of using your sweeper...the sweeper can cause severe emotional trauma in chickens. Ever dealt with a bird with PTSD? It ain't pretty.
hmm.png

Hmmm... maybe vinyl flooring with a layer of Sweet PDZ or DE?

(btw -- in another thread, somebody recommended "food grade Sweet PDZ"...)
Getting there on the book....busy sewing diapers for Al, Walt and now for Bruce. I think if they are going to start diapering their chickens they need to learn how to sew, don't you?
idunno.gif

I guess disposable diapers would only be good enough for hatchery birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom