Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it isn't just Old Timers that know things! Look what was just discovered about, of all things, boiling an egg.
Tested and approved by our own diaper dandy AL, it is a keeper.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/115799/crazy-easy-way-to-make-hard-boiled-eggs
Every Tuesday and Thursday night I "teach" at our "Empowered!" classes. It is held at our local Baptist church's kitchen and is designed to teach young women that there is more "out there" than getting married when you're 15 and having babies...I teach cooking (You'd be surprised at those who receive commodities, but don't know how to cook them!) and G.E.D. classes. I intend to pass this tip along tonight...in fact, I'll take a couple of dozen eggs, and we'll make deviled eggs. Thank you so muc! I tried it just a little while ago, and it worked, just like they said it would. I think I have been undercooking my boiled eggs! The rest of it I have always done, but haven't cooked them for 13 minutes. Great tip!

I guess it isn't just Old Timers that know things! Look what was just discovered about, of all things, boiling an egg.
Tested and approved by our own diaper dandy AL, it is a keeper.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/115799/crazy-easy-way-to-make-hard-boiled-eggs
OMG they wrote 21 pages on how to boil an egg. Round here you know how to do it when you are 5 years old. When we see someone do something really stupid we say "Dude you see that they probably can't even boil an egg." But we don't actually think it's true. Well now I know.

OMG they wrote 21 pages on how to boil an egg. Round here you know how to do it when you are 5 years old. When we see someone do something really stupid we say "Dude you see that they probably can't even boil an egg." But we don't actually think it's true. Well now I know.

Well let me tell you what. I have built several moderately successful businesses and I have been frustrated boiling fresh brown farm eggs. As a matter of fact, I have 5 minutes left boiling 19 on the stove as I type to try it. Anyone can boil a store egg. Maybe I am just special, an idiot savant of sorts. I can build a business but have had my share of trouble peeling fresh eggs. I am grateful.

Well let me tell you what. I have built several moderately successful businesses and I have been frustrated boiling fresh brown farm eggs. As a matter of fact, I have 5 minutes left boiling 19 on the stove as I type to try it. Anyone can boil a store egg. Maybe I am just special, an idiot savant of sorts. I can build a business but have had my share of trouble peeling fresh eggs. I am grateful.
I add salt into the water when I boil eggs. The salt makes them easier to peel.

I just boil them a day ahead of time. Drain the water and put them in a bowl in the fridge. 12 hours later they peel like 9 week old tasteless store bought eggs.

34 words.
roll.png

boiling eggs just made facebook. from what i have read it not so much the boiling as it the cold water bath after boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom