Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chickens usually react when I pick a snake up with a pitch fork and twirl it like spaghetti noodle on a fork and the snake starts that hissy breathing thing they do.  

GAAAAAAH!
I'll have nightmares tonight for sure with that image!

There was a smallish garter snake next to the fence today and the chickens were all lined up watching it like kids with their noses pressed to the candy store window.

Help me here...I just searched "random ramblings" and found a whole bunch of things that weren't what I was looking for. Can you post a link?

Thanks!

You can click on Therapydoglady's name above her avatar to go to her profile and scroll down to find where the poems were posted.

Edited to correct bad grammar.

Last edited:
I have chicks that were shipped from Estes. Estes has a somenilla problem folks have been getting sick. Should I be worried? The grandkids like their eggs easy over, will the eggs be safe cooked that way?

Seeing as how you have chicks, eggs won't be an issue for some time. You can take care of possible salmonella infection in your chicks by providing them with unpasteurized ACV in their water and developing optimal health conditions as they grow. Salmonella isn't something that has to remain a constant in an animal just because they have been exposed to it or have had it in the past. There are ways of regaining health from poor beginnings...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....then you cull the times it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom