chickens from heaven :)

Sharons7

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
Hello all! I was given 13 chicks from a friend who works at a chicken house nearby. She isn't fond of her job of sorting thru the new arrivals and culling those that aren't up to standards and asked me if I wanted some. I had to laugh.
I have been saying for a while i wanted to have chickens and the Universe handed me 13. I didn't know what breed or sex they were, I have 7 left. They are just getting past their "ugly" stage and I have 4 hens and 3 rooster leghorns. 1 rooster is the runt guy that the others were picking on. My husband and I would take him out of the brooder box and hold him. Now he follows us around. So guess which rooster I can't get rid of... I need to order more hen chicks soon. I have many questions and this website has answered many of them. How old should I let the other 2 roosters get before I have to thin them from the crowd? I have to say chickens are delightful funny creatures. We have two lawn chairs in their pen so we can sit and watch them. I have also been saying I want rabbits and goats too. Gotta get that yard fenced in soon, before they get handed to me too!

Blessed be

patyrdz

The Madd Hatcher
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Southern Pines, NC
from North Carolina!!

What a wonderful thing to have happen!
Chickens just handed to you! I'm going to move to your neighborhood!!!

Sharons7

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
Hi Patty, I am in NC too. Lillington, so almost neighbors!

Sharons7

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
I am and have been asking around if anyone wants a rooster or two. I am a hair stylist and own a day spa in a small town. I've asked many people and will continue to. Hence my reason for asking about how big can I or should I let him get.

Top Bottom