Chickens get lost at bedtime when I move the chicken tractor

swmalone

Songster
8 Years
Jun 30, 2011
Northern Utah
Ok I have a small yard and not a good spot for a permanent coop, so we built a chicken tractor.

98212_sany0383.jpg

It works well for our 3 chicks, however we have started letting them roam the yard in the evenings when we are home, and if we move the tractor it seems that they get lost. When it is time for bed they run to where it used to be and throw a fit even though they have ran around the new location earlier. Any suggestions?

I feel your pain. I moved 3 chickens to the "big chicken" pen down by the barn today. The were crying tonight, not able to find a place to go in for the night & go to sleep. Finally caught the three locked them up. But they still cried not knowing where to go. Silly me thought they would follow the other 10 hens & do what they were doing What was I thinking!!!

I was thinking that I would try moving it with them still in it before letting them out in the evening and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestion of doing it while they are still sleeping or before I let them in the run.

Back
Top Bottom