chickens help in garden.

Bobcatbob

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2022
Hi chicken lovers,
My chickens like to follow me around whenever they see me with something that moves the soil. They will eat anything that moves when raking, working the soil with a fork, pulling weeds. One hen has a bump between her toes, this needs addressing, and read about how to take care of it through here. The hen I have noticed has a slight limp. Hoping to read many stories through here so to be able to better care for my 9 hens as they are my only pets. They love to be held and hand feed, they have become very spoiled.
Bobcatbob

Hello!

There are lots of posts on here about treating what sounds like Bumblefoot in your limping hen. If that's what it is, you'll want to be very careful about cleaning your hands after working with her as it's a staph infection, and that's not something you want to spread around accidentally!

Welcome to the flock! You're in with many likeminded folks here. I hold and cuddle with my birds as well, and hand feed them their treats. :)

PXL_20220901_160009340.jpg

Hi chicken lovers,
My chickens like to follow me around whenever they see me with something that moves the soil. They will eat anything that moves when raking, working the soil with a fork, pulling weeds. One hen has a bump between her toes, this needs addressing, and read about how to take care of it through here. The hen I have noticed has a slight limp. Hoping to read many stories through here so to be able to better care for my 9 hens as they are my only pets. They love to be held and hand feed, they have become very spoiled.
Bobcatbob
Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom