Chickens I got…hens, roosters and breed?

Girlmomx3

Songster
Oct 12, 2021
So I’m still kinda a newbie still. We lost our entire flock to a mink so we took a break to build new coops and I’m starting back slow this go around. Well I picked up 3 chicks on a whim from a lady in the tractor supply parking lot a few months ago and they were all the same size and only a few days old. We were told they were all hens but we know how that goes. So now I have these 3 beauties. Super friendly but recently one has started crowing. I quite awful crow but still a crow. Just wondering what I got here, I didn’t even ask what breed they were. Hoping to have a super mixed flock in the future so it didn’t/doesn’t really matter.
IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg

IMG_3533.jpeg

Thank you all. They are so much friendlier than my past roosters so even with their size and sad crow I was skeptical. I’ve only had silkie roosters previously but they were little jerks. After cuddling them all through their chick days they still never willingly came to me and one even chased people.

The roos look like a production red breed, either rhode island red or cinnamon queen. The black one looks like an australorp right now, but it could be another black feathered breed. Should be able to tell for sure in a few weeks.

Best get a bunch of pullets fast, or the little black pullet will invent faster than light travel.
On it! Since the two are cockerels would they accept new pullets quicker? I have a separate coop with a run for newbies so when the older ones free range they can get to know the new ones but can’t get to them. I’ve never rushed it but I haven’t done it in awhile and I hope to merge them sooner so Poor little rose isn’t overworked

Back
Top Bottom