Chickens in Glendale, AZ - We're on the right track!

That's amazing! Please let me know if there's any further action on this proposal. I'll do my best to get involved.

There is only one way this happens.....
http://www.glendaleaz.com/citycouncil/contact.cfm
Use the above link and contact your local Glendale representatives now while the issue is hot. Also, tell ATLEAST 10 more people to do the same. Grow food not grass- this is an important issue. Get the word out please.

Think social media.... Take the above URL I provided and post it on facebook with a message to contact the city councilmen in regards to chickens. Email the URL as well and dont stop until ATLEAST 10 people you know have called their city representatives. Thanks.

Living in Glendale, Arizona is frustratingly restrictive. Our neighbor was forced to re-home chickens he had peacefully for years because someone moved next to him and apparently complained. And yet, we have people in this neighborhood who have mattresses in their back yard and trash all over and yet, my neighbor can't have a couple of chickens in his back yard. Glendale could save some money if they fired all their code compliance tyrants and listened to the people of Glendale. We can't even have bees because Glendale considers bees farm animals! I never would have purchased a home here if I had known the city would try to be the HOA for neighborhoods that choose not to have an HOA (another cluster of headaches). Never did I think a city could be so much like its very own little police state.

Living in Glendale, Arizona is frustratingly restrictive.  Our neighbor was forced to re-home chickens he had peacefully for years because someone moved next to him and apparently complained. And yet, we have people in this neighborhood who have mattresses in their back yard and trash all over and yet, my neighbor can't have a couple of chickens in his back yard.  Glendale could save some money if they fired all their code compliance tyrants and listened to the people of Glendale.  We can't even have bees because Glendale considers bees farm animals!  I never would have purchased a home here if I had known the city would try to be the HOA for neighborhoods that choose not to have an HOA (another cluster of headaches).  Never did I think a city could be so much like its very own little police state.  

Please, go and speak in front of the next council meeting, I will be happy to meet you there and speak again as well. I can't be the only one doing this, I have been assured that they are researching it, but not sure how gung go code is about it.

That's amazing! Please let me know if there's any further action on this proposal. I'll do my best to get involved.

Need more than my family to,speak and be contacting their council members and speaking at council meetings. I'd be happy to meet anyone at a council meeting a to also speak.

I'm moving to Glendale next week, and I'll be living about a half mile away from downtown. I plan on getting more involved in this matter. Also, I did some digging around and found an issue from last year involving fowl prohibition and a state-wide legislative proposal to prevent municipalities from prohibiting ownership of hens within single-family residential properties. (S.B. 1151). I emailed the legislator (David C. Farnsworth) to express my interest in supporting that initiative. I'm not sure where it has gone, I can't find anything recent for it, though it seems like it passed legislation and made it to the house of representatives. If anyone else knows anything about it, It'd be awesome if they shared it here.

I believe your council member will be Aldama, please get in touch with him, the more council members being contacted the better. I've been working on contacting local city governments who allow backyard chickens about how many complaints they've had, want to have my oww resources rather than what code gets, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. Ive contacted all of the representatives regarding SB 1151 as well, Steve Boyer was the most responsive and was truly interested in our situation.

My husband goes to where our girls are daily to take care of them, fresh water, food etc. They've been gone almost 3 months now, and we aren't giving up.

I'll keep all this in mind. I'll make it a point to contact Aldama as soon as I settle in, and will also send a message to Steve Boyer as well. Thanks for the information, I hope we can help you get your chickens back!

So, I tried to take a look at the ordinance restrictions on chickens, and I can't find anything currently. I think Glendale might have switched to www.municode.com for posting their ordinance, but aside from the reorganization of all the material, it seems like the whole restriction part is missing.

... does this mean we can have chickens in Glendale now?

Back
Top Bottom