Chickens in the road..

Quote:
For the safety of the birds, I concur.
hmm.png

Quote:
Same thing here, just isn't quite the same as it once was.
hu.gif

My neighbor, Judy, and I had free-range flocks before, but because of the stray (and sometimes domesticated) dogs, and hawks, we had to fence' em in. After a few gruesome hawk attacks, my chickens actually feel safer in their fence, which is reinforced with sheet metal a foot and a half underground and heavy tarps draped over for shade and hawk protection.

The chicken-crossing sign would be a fantastic idea anyway. If you choose to free-range your birds, of course it is up to you; they are your birds and it is your section of the road. I just can't stand the thought of your lovely birds getting hurt because some vindictive neighbor didn't feel like slowing down for a chicken in the road.
tongue.gif
We cannot control the actions of others, but what we can do, is cover our own butts and protect our feathered friends from angry cars.

That person did have a bit of a point, but the person also didn't have to be so rude. One catches flies better with honey, as the saying goes. Perhaps you and that person can come to some sort of compromise? I wish the person had left contact information so that you guys could talk it out, like the civil, intelligent human beings you can be.
wink.png
Granted not everyone will agree on everything, but kindness and civility will go a long way during a disagreement.
thumbsup.gif

Sorry if my .02 makes anyone disgruntled; there's a reason my family members call me the Peacemaker.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom