1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens in the snow!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jarrett Dobbins, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jarrett Dobbins

Jarrett Dobbins Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2013
    North Carolina
    Seeing as it rarely snows more than an inch here in my part of North Carolina, I think my chickens are exited... and cold [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is just the beginning of my quail pen but I was rudely interrupted by the snow [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My coop and chickens enjoying the snow!

[​IMG]
    My dog laying out in the snow! She is a Husky/Malamute mix!

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
  2. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    I also live in NC, but in the mountains, so we get more than an inch...not ever too much, maybe 6-8 inches at our worst..anyway my chickens hate hate hate the snow..they treat it like hot lava...It was snowing this morning and the chickens wouldn't come out...then it stopped snowing and the snow already on the ground melted, and the adult chickens came out to peruse the yard, but then it started snowing again, so all the snows are hiding under the vehicles waiting for the snow to stop...I don't know how they will get back in the coop since they seem to be pretty against stepping in the snow.

3. Jarrett Dobbins

Jan 25, 2013
    North Carolina
    I meant my part of North Carolina. Sorry about that! Be sure to take some pictures.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
  4. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Oh no..I wasn't saying you were wrong or anything..just that I too am in NC, and my chickens are cowering under vehicles at the moment waiting for the snow to stop..it has slowed way down again now. So they will start coming back out again. It's still snowing, but just a few flakes here and there.

5. Jarrett Dobbins

Jan 25, 2013
    North Carolina
    Try to upload so pictures [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Great snow pictures! Love them. You're dog looks as though he's in heaven amongst the snow! thanks for sharing.

7. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    [​IMG] If I had bare feet I might act that dainty as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by