Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Day 14 candle went well. All 12 that survived day 7 are growing and doing well. There is one that has a funny shape...like maybe a developing foot or something but good veining and lots of movement. So we shall see next week!!!!

And I forgot to post this yesterday. I was so busy!!!

My family voted against me carving a chicken
1f623.png

What's stopping you from making some? Ain't nothing to it! Ideally you will use a smoker, but you can build a smoker if you need to. You can mix up marinade, or dry rub. Dry rub smokes dry faster, with distinct flavor bites. Marinade makes for a more tender strip with consistent taste.

Smoking temps are really low for jerky, you don't want to cook the meat. I'm going to use oak and hickory for the "original" recipe, and toss some bay leaves on cherry for the teriyaki for a sweet/spicy kick.

Top secret tip...I don't like making jerky laying down on smoker racks. It tends to sag through, or sticks to the wire. Use metal grill skewers to string up a bunch of meat strips (about 1/2" from the top end of the strip), then lower the skewer over the smoker rack at right angles to the wires on the rack. Guide the meat strips between the grids and they get great smoke coverage and no sticking. When done, hold the rack over a baking sheet, and work the skewer out.

Don't use bamboo skewers, they are too weak and leave splinters.

Thanks for the guide! It will probably come in handy, soon. Maybe we'll even get around to it before the year is out.

Every time my wife orders a salad with too many croutons and cucumbers, and I cut my eyes at her with smoke coming out of my ears, I say "I can't help it. It's a disease"
gig.gif
I am also unbearable. Invisible earbudz are in my future. I don't care how much they cost.

Mine happens when my hubby adds worchesteshire to the stroganoff.
sickbyc.gif

Well Day 14 candle went well. All 12 that survived day 7 are growing and doing well. There is one that has a funny shape...like maybe a developing foot or something but good veining and lots of movement. So we shall see next week!!!!

And I forgot to post this yesterday. I was so busy!!!
Cute!

My family voted against me carving a chicken
1f623.png
You should practice your vetoing skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom