Chickens keep coming into (human) house!

I have 4 girls I love dearly. Their antics are so cute and funny. But one that recently started I'm not sure how to deal with...
I live in Southern California so the weather is usually nice and I like to keep my back door open. For ventilation and so I can go in and out easily.
But my girls (led by my bold Speckled Sussex) keep coming into the house! The only thing about it that I don't like is that they'll poop so I'd prefer to keep them out.
Today I tried putting up a doggie gate but my girls just jumped up (and I'm sure over it soon!).
Do I have any options but to keep the door closed?

PS...I have a doggie door for my pup when the door is closed. I think its matter of time before they push through it too!
Put diapers on them!!! I have 3 roosters that live in our house. No the house doesn't smell. I've had people in the house who don't know they live in here and I have specifically asked if they smell anything out of the ordinary, nope not 1 person. Google it, not as weird as it sounds. My 3 boys run around the basement all day and evening then into their hutch till morning. Best pets ever :)
You can even use disposable masks for them.

Only thing if I install a screen door then my dog can't go in and out through his doggy door :confused:
You can move the dog door or put a 2nd one in the kick plate of the screen door. I have had a dog door in my patio screen door for about 15 yrs. We have replaced the vinyl flap 2 times, but otherwise works great! My chicken yard is on the opposite side and there's a screen door there too. My girls hear my voice and you start seeing chicken heads peeking thru the screen and chirping. They've also been known to line up at the pasture gate to see who's car is parking in the driveway. 😂 Never a dull moment with chickens.

I have 4 girls I love dearly. Their antics are so cute and funny. But one that recently started I'm not sure how to deal with...
I live in Southern California so the weather is usually nice and I like to keep my back door open. For ventilation and so I can go in and out easily.
But my girls (led by my bold Speckled Sussex) keep coming into the house! The only thing about it that I don't like is that they'll poop so I'd prefer to keep them out.
Today I tried putting up a doggie gate but my girls just jumped up (and I'm sure over it soon!).

PS...I have a doggie door for my pup when the door is closed. I think its matter of time before they push through it !

PS...I have a doggie door for my pup when the door is closed. I think its matter of time before they push through it too!
Hi
Do you sell their eggs?

Back
Top Bottom