Chickens keep dying

AmberNiColeman

Chirping
Jan 24, 2023
Trying to figure out why my chickens are dying off one by one. It seems to be our younger chickens, it has effected the older ones, at least not yet. So I was leaning toward coccidious, but some of the symptoms I read don’t sound right either. I haven’t noticed that their poop looks different. No bugs on them. They get lethargic, hard to walk, and then dead. Like one or two a week and then maybe a couple weeks before it starts again. It has been hens and roosters so u don’t think egg bound. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry for your loss! :hugs

If you're in the US.. consider refrigerating the body and getting a necropsy done.. free or affordable for backyard keepers in some states. Contact info in following link..

https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Did they go off of food or continue eating and drinking? What is meant by hard to walk? Do they free range, have access to a compost pile, etc where they might be coming in contact with something toxic? What is the feed routine including treats and supplements? Where these birds vaccinated against Marek's?

Hope you get answers! :fl

Back
Top Bottom