chickens looking through windows

TheBantam

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 26, 2010
ontario
my chickens like to come up under my back deck nd look throough the basement windows at us... what kind f behaviour is this other then curiosity

Last edited:
It's just plain ol' curiosity. One of my chooks perches on the window facing the TV and watches the Simpsons. Once that show is over she goes to bed. Sometimes they're hoping you might give them a treat if they see you have one through the window. Sometimes they could also be cuddling up to the warmth of the glow if it's cold.

I'm bloody awful at it. But there's some people here who can spot the where's waldo of chickens from a mile away, so I'm sure someone can help.
smile.png

Our girls like to come up on the back deck and look into the kitchen. One of our kitties will lay at the door, chattering and tail twitching the whole time. The girls stare back as if to say "ha! you can't get us!"
tongue2.gif

It's not all that great a picture through the sun screen, but this is Lacy SLW peering in through the front window at me.
41679_earlysept2010_024.jpg

I got up and went outside to snap a better photo and she buk-bukked at me. She was getting used to her shawl, which covered her bare back. (She's the dominant rooster's favorite.)
41679_earlysept2010_031.jpg

Many of the flock members are VERY interested in the dog door, and one of these days somebody's gonna figger it out. Probably the Cayuga ducks will be the first to come into the house through it.

That back cover is great! I need one for my roosters head tho! Did you make it? Do you know if they make them for heads? My rooster is a polish and the ladies have no respect for him. They are plucking all of his head feathers out. I use rooster booster, but the stuff stinks, turns his head pink, and doesn't last very long, so they're constantly replucking him. Its yucky. And probably painful.

My chickens like to look at us through the basement window in the exercise room while we are working out. They also spend a good deal of their time on the steps in front of the french doors in the dining room. Of course, part of the reason they like to be there is because we often open the door to give them scraps or to pet them. But they don't get anything special by watching us through the basement window. I think they just wonder what we are doing.

Of all my flock i have 3 roos that consistantly come up on the porch and stare at us through the glass door.
pop.gif
If we ignore them and close the other metal door, they knock/peck at the glass for us to either come outside or open the door back up so they can see us.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom