cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I was trying to clip my chickens nails for the first time, but sadly I guess I did something wrong and clipped the nail on Blamo's foot too short or something. Anyway, it won't stop bleeding! I've tried cornstarch and pressure but neither work, either because she won't hold still long enough or it just...doesn't work. :idunno I'm really worried she might loose too much blood. I've also tried gauze wrap on her toe but she just kicks it off! I'd rather not call a vet..... :( PLEASE help!

I'm trying to let it clot by shutting her in a dark place to sit for a little.
Do you want pictures? I might be able to get some.

But please reply ASAP!

Wrap her in a towel, like a burrito to hold her wings, cover her head with a lightweight cloth so she can still breathe and sit in a darker room. Lay her on your lap on her back. She should calm down so that you can keep pressure on the nail. It can take some time for it to stop so it may take 15 min or more of pressure, but it will eventually stop.

Thanks! I just looked at her and it seems to be stopping.....but I have NO idea, really. Should I take her out of her dark place and look at her toe? Thank you SO much! :bow

Back
Top Bottom