Chickens not roosting

CLutze27

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2017
Ohio
I know this is a topic that has probably been beat to death, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion. I'm new to the whole chicken thing and am really enjoying everything so far. All of my chickens were hatched at the end of August so that makes them roughly 20 weeks. But none of them roost, they all just huddle on the ground by the nest box. Any thoughts? Or should I just let them go and not worry about it.

Are their wings clipped so they can't make it up to the roost? Beats me. Looks like the set up is good with the nests lower than the roosts so I've really no idea where they are ground roosting. Have you physically placed them up on the roosts after dark?
Also, I've noticed this is your first post. If you'd like, stop by the New Members Forum and start a thread and say howdy so we can give you a proper BYC welcome! Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/44/new-member-introductions

Nope feathers are not clipped. I haven't tried moving them when it is dark yet, I'll have to give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom