Chickens overnight!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bluegrasschicks, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Bluegrasschicks

Bluegrasschicks New Egg

Sep 10, 2016
    Hi, I'm Mo. I live in Austin Texas and became an owner of backyard chickens overnight!

Friends were moving and couldn't take their hens so I adopted them. I adore my girls and have spoiled them rotten.

I also have a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog and a pug here in the city. At the ranch we have about 30 cow/calf pairs and 4 horses we are taking care of off season for a summer camp.

I can't wait to learn more about the craze that is backyard chickens!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Bluegrasschicks, and :welcome. Great to have you with us! I'm glad your adopted girls have found such a good home! Best of luck to you!

3. RRLaney

RRLaney Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2016
    Round Rock, TX
    Hi Mo! I'm Laney.
    Very cool! What kind of chickens do you have? My 12 hens and I are up in Round Rock! Youre gonna love your backyard chickens! We're addicted! Keep adding to the flock even when we say we're done lol.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us a Backyard chickens. I can imagine the sight of your Greater Swiss mountain dog and little bitty Pug - I bet the Pug gets to food dropped from the table a lot faster.

6. Bluegrasschicks

Bluegrasschicks New Egg

Sep 10, 2016
    Hi! I have 1 Leghorn, and 3 EEs....or they may be Americaunas...I'm not sure. They are starting to molt right now, feathers everywhere!

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by