Chickens replacing children?

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
Someone brought up the subject of chickens replacing children. Well my children are out of the house. And I did not start to replace children with dogs, (I have only had 3 in the almost 40 years DH and I have been together) and only 2 kids. and 2 cats. So I am not a hoarder in that manner. But, even though DH loves dogs, he only likes'm 1 at a time. So in the 40 years we have only had one a decade, with them over lapping a bit. (pup with old dog. All dogs liked him best.) Cats he is not a fan of, so the first one we had, he brought home, the second cat I brought home maybe 10 years later. The 2 kids we only kept for a couple of decades. When they were home, one was friendly and one was stand-offish. So now we have chickens. They are all in the garden and out of the house. DH doesn't try to control my chicken math. It does get out of control here and there, but I need many chickens to feed us eggs, and friends ask for eggs, so I have to feed them also, plus I want to play with having diff breeds. I love them all, but of all I have one that just wants love, (hold-me, hold-me) a polish hen "Mary Lynn", and 2 hens that want to beat me up, one silver penciled rock "Assassin" and a Spitzenhauben hen "Kato" (Pink panther)

calit.PNG

Mary Lynn

My roosters are nice though... I have Shane an AC mix...
caliv.PNG

And Oliver an olive egger...
calio.PNG

The blue hen in the corner is a Blue andelusian, her name is Crystal Blue Persuasion.

Granddaughters are WAY better than chickens lol! Papa can just send them back home to mommy (my daughter whom I love) when they go through that STAGE! I’ll let their father experience that STAGE like I did with their mom lol! :he

Back
Top Bottom