Chickens still have not pipped!!

alright!! i have good news!! 😄 I just went down to candle them and listen to them. 2 of the eggs are starting to pip!!! (external) do you think i should still candle them/listen to them?
I would just wait now that you know they are fine and it was just that you counted wrong! Congrats!!!!!!!! Enjoy the process. Now remember it can take up to 24 hrs from pip to hatch so don't worry if they don't hatch for a long time (it may take less time)

yes you would smell something. But most likely they won't explode where you said you saw movement 5-6 days ago so they were alive then.
OP mentioned that 10 out of 12 had movement. Which is why I mentioned caution regarding eggs that may not have developed. Did not see anything mentioned about those other 2 being removed from the incubator. If they were removed then no there's nothing to worry about.

Thank you for everyone’s advice!! One of my chicks hatched about an hour ago and now there are 4 more eggs pipping!
E0062D98-C078-43FF-BE0E-EA26B989316C.jpeg

it ended up going really well! We had 12 eggs and only 3 of them didn’t hatch. I was expecting that would happen. One died in the brooder but she was also the runt. We also got some IFA chicks and only one of them died. Now we have 10 happy, healthy chickens running around!

Back
Top Bottom