Chickens still lay shell-less eggs.

The Witte Fam

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2023
Victoria TX
I found a shell-less egg in the coop the other morning, and I've found one every morning since. I've given my flock oyster shells and even when as far as buying an expensive high performance egg laying feed. I'm still finding soft shell eggs but they are getting better. My question is, is there anything I can do? None of my birds are showing signs of illness either. I don't know which hen is laying them due to the fact that they are laying some time in the early hours in the morning.

*I tried loading the pics in order but I mess it up 🤭🙃 I've gotten the eggs 3 days in a row*

This is the 1st one I found.
20230925_070500.jpg

I just found this one today.
20230927_073403.jpg

This the the 2nd one I've found
20230926_071545.jpg

I found a shell-less egg in the coop the other morning, and I've found one every morning since. I've given my flock oyster shells and even when as far as buying an expensive high performance egg laying feed. I'm still finding soft shell eggs but they are getting better. My question is, is there anything I can do? None of my birds are showing signs of illness either. I don't know which hen is laying them due to the fact that they are laying some time in the early hours in the morning.

*I tried loading the pics in order but I mess it up 🤭🙃 I've gotten the eggs 3 days in a row*

This is the 1st one I found.
View attachment 3646510

I just found this one today.
View attachment 3646512

This the the 2nd one I've found
View attachment 3646511
Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

New layers will do this sometimes for a couple of days. Do you have any that perhaps just started laying?

We keep a dish out of oyster shell always so that should be enough for yours especially given that you're feeding them higher calcium feed too.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

New layers will do this sometimes for a couple of days. Do you have any that perhaps just started laying?

We keep a dish out of oyster shell always so that should be enough for yours especially given that you're feeding them higher calcium feed too
All of my hens are just starting to lay. That's y I can't figure out which one it it. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. 😁

Back
Top Bottom