Chickens stopped laying!!! Help!

philde04

Hatching
5 Years
May 20, 2014
Virginia
All of a sudden my chickens have stopped laying. We normally get 8-9 eggs a day and yesterday we only got 3 and today only 2. The temperature has been in the 90s and very humid. We also added a chicken to our flock about a month ago, it didn't affect their laying at first so I'm not sure if that could be causing it or not??? I can't think of anything else that would be stressing them out. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this??

Probably the heat has them taking a break. They might be molting too, in which case their lowing will drop to close to nothing. Once they grow new feathers and the temperatures get cooler they will begin producing again.

I go with the heat. It's hot here to. My girls started laying couple weeks back. So they still irregular I am sure. But I was getting 5 eggs or 4 per day then went download. To two or three. I put frozen water bottles in their waterer and got a mister from home depot. I am back up to 5 per day now and I got a another girl that just started to lay. Yesterday I got 6 eggs. But I had their mister on in the hottest part of the day.

Back
Top Bottom