Chickens + The Fair

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Heartlandrabbitry, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Heartlandrabbitry

Heartlandrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Washington
    I haven't been on in a while and just wanted to share how my chickens did at the fair. I just showed my chickens for fun, and really didn't mind what they got. We had two black Orpingtons that we got as chicks and were hoping they were going to be hens, but they turned out to both be roosters. So I told my mom that I just wanted to show them at the fair to see how they do and then after fair I will get rid of them, since at the time we had 7 roosters to 6 hens!

To my surprise they did way better then I could ever imagine. I won best in show with one of my black Orpington roosters name Lenny, and his brother went on to win best in class for the open show. All of my other chickens either got second place or first place! I was floored, I really didn't care at all if my chickens won. I was just showing for fun! So after fair was over my mom asked me the question... "You aren't going to get rid of the black Orpingtons are you?" my answer was simple, "Nope!" [​IMG] but I am now selling Lenny's brother since I like Lenny better and it's really noisy over here!! Plus I'm sure the neighbors aren't liking all the noise! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    congrats glad u did so well

3. Titus2Woman

Titus2Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Sweet! What a fun surprise! Glad to hear you did so well!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Lenny is gorgeous! I can see why he won!! Congrats!

5. Heartlandrabbitry

Heartlandrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Washington
    Thank you everyone! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by