Chickens trying new foods

Lochiemcdougall

Hatching
Aug 7, 2016
Hi everyone !
Recently i have bought three Isa Browns to start off with, however they don't seem to fancy any scraps whatsoever, just the grass in their run! I also have a working wormfarm and have fed a couple of worms to them that they go crazy for but they do not seem to eat anything else. I have even tried putting the worms in yoghurt to try convince them to eat it but they picked out the worms and wiped the yoghurt off their beaks.
Is there any other tips to my hens trying new foods? Hate throwing out kitchen scraps.
Thanks alot,
Lochie
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome! Your birds have a balanced ration offered free choice, right? Then they will learn to enjoy other stuff as it's offered, over time. They don't need yogurt!!! Kitchen scraps in moderation, and they will choose what tastes good to them. 'Other stuff' shouldn't be mere than about 10% of their ration. Mary

Yes of course, they have an organic mix feed that i give them.
I have only been encouraging the yoghurt as one seems to have a vent problem and I've read that yoghurt along with ACV in their water is an easy solution and just want her to be healthy
smile.png

Thankyou though, I'll continue throwing scraps in every now and then, to try figure what they do and don't like as im sure they are all different in their preference of food.
Lochie

Back
Top Bottom