Chickens under attack!!

Pics
Mink are solitary predators. Most likely that was the only one.
If you have any interest in such things, mink hides are thin enough that they can be preserved just by sprinkling the meat side with borax. It won't be pliable without proper tanning, but skinning the mink and keeping the hide as a wall mount would be easy. Or you could put it under a large flowerpot for a few months and let the insects clean the bones off if you want to keep those. Assuming that's legal in your area, which it probably is since mink are fur-bearing animals.
Not really my thing but thanks for the info :) I just want to protect my birds :) I'm glad it's probably the only one but I still think I will keep the birds locked up for some time to come.

Everything above is exactly what I was going to say. Also if your cage trap has a solid metal pan for the animal to step on you can cover the inside completely with pine needles and leaves. Some animals will avoid stepping on the bare metal and reach over.
You can cover the cage too with some leaves and brush just make sure you you don’t block the door or get anything under the pan.
The hair trigger that 50-45-1 already mentioned is important since mink aren’t that heavy. Good luck!!
That is a good idea. I had covered the top and side with leaves but didnt think of the inside

That is a good idea. I had covered the top and side with leaves but didnt think of the inside
Yeah sometimes you’ll get a few animals that will be reluctant to step on the metal wire bottom of the cage. Another thing that can help is to push down on the inside floor of the cage all around and make sure it’s rock solid and doesn’t rock back and forth. If the cage moves around when an animal steps inside he might back out. Kinda like stepping on a loose floorboard or step. For mink none of that should really be an issue but it’s always something to try if you have refusals.

Back
Top Bottom