Chickens with diarreah

Maralind1

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 25, 2014
I had 6 chickens that were about 3 years old. Recently they had diarrhea really bad that it was almost like water. I called several feed stores and texted a few Chicken Websites to see if they had any idea of what caused it and what to treat it with. To my dismay not one had an answer. I used several product for Chickens although they didn't indicate it would work for diarrhea. This AM I found one of my ladies dead. Can you give me any idea as to what could cause the diarrhea and how to treat it? Thank you in advance. [email protected]

Hi, Sorry to hear about your chickens. I am thinking you have an intestinal parasite on your hands. It might seem weird but you really have 2 options. 1 post pictures of the chickens and their poop so we can figure out what type of worm it is and what to treat it with. 2 Send the poop in to a vet and do a fecal float test so they can test and find out whats in there. Is there any blood in the poop? if so it is probably fixable.

Hi, Sorry to hear about your chickens. I am thinking you have an intestinal parasite on your hands. It might seem weird but you really have 2 options. 1 post pictures of the chickens and their poop so we can figure out what type of worm it is and what to treat it with. 2 Send the poop in to a vet and do a fecal float test so they can test and find out whats in there. Is there any blood in the poop? if so it is probably fixable.

I will be trying the wormer since other inquiries have come back with the same thought. It's good to know that there is a Website that can be contacted when you have a question like this. It appears that the Vets I've contacted aren't familiar with chickens so it's almost a must that those of us who have or want Backyard Chickens have to pool our information, like we're doing now, to make taking care of our pets easier.

Back
Top Bottom