Chickens won't go in coop at night!!!

I let the chickens out this past Saturday morning. Checked on them just at 'dark thirty' and they were all in the coop on their roost. I was a happy chicken Mother.
celebrate.gif

Hello, I had kept them locked up in the coop for 3 days. After letting them out, I guess they finally figured it out the coop was a good safe place to sleep instead of huddled up in a corner in the run. I am so happy they did.
celebrate.gif

Iv got a ? Chick she 2 month old n been on her own till yesterday wen I got two bantom bearded mille fleurs ( think that's right) and they will not go in the coop the chick seems to rule the roost the mille fleurs stayed out all night what could I do to help them x

Hi, I'm new to all this chicken care. I locked up all our girls for a few days in the coop when they wouldn't go in at night. That worked for me and now they all go in at night. I'm not sure with two new girls and the one you already have. Are they getting along? You might want to start a new post and see what the more experienced chicken care takers suggest. Good Luck,
D.gif

Hiya there I'm new to it all to. Yeah there getting along better this evening then last night. I'll try the lockin them up at night see how it goes as a few people hav said to. I'm sure they will be fine no major concerns ..

I had that same issue. I'd come home after dark to find them all huddle together in a corner of the coop. I would have to pick each one up and put them inside the coop. I grabbed an LED flashlight and left it on all night. Next night, repeat the first night to a "T". I purchased a light from Home Depot that was battery operated, LED and I could attach to the ceiling. Before dark, I went out to turn the light on and bad-bing! They went into the coop on their own. I did that for about a week or so then left the light off. Haven't had a problem since. I let them roam the backyard and every night like clockwork, it gets dark, they begin to work their way to the door, clean themselves and one by one they go in for the night.

it seems like you don't have to put all the chickens in the coop. Just one. They will worry and fuss and go in the coop to see what's keeping her. One of the funniest things to watch in my chickens is their group mind. Maybe it's just because one of mine's a cockerel and he's conducting the orchestra with subtle movements. But, there's no doubt. When Papa's tired, they're all going to bed.

My 5 hens where going in the coop at night for months and now they wont go in at night, but rather sleep on the ramp.... What is going on? LOL i have a light in the coop and I tried turning it off for a night and still nothing then I put it back on and still nothing its crazy..any help would be great thanks

Back
Top Bottom