chickenstock suggestion

possumblossum

Songster
11 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Blount Co., TN
There are so many posts on the chickenstock thread that it is difficult to identify upcoming events in a timely manner, especially if you haven't been on in a few days. Would it be possible to create a calendar-type page using a field pull-down for states/countries similar to the ones used on the User list page? If the layout was in a calender-type format, organizers could click on the day of the given month and enter event info such as address, times, event category (swap, meet n' greet, show, sale), and related-thread url. Users could then access the page, enter the appropriate state/country and see what events are occurring on what dates. They could then access the related thread for further details.

I've seen similar applications for conference room schedulers and a couple of different companies that I have worked for. The requester selected a conference room from a pull down menu and hit "submit". They then selected a calendar date and the app displayed when the conference room was booked. If the room was available when needed, the user entered their name, phone number, and meeting time and clicked "submit" the calendar was updated with a time such as "800 AM- 900 AM" and clicking on this time brought up the bookers name and phone number.

This may be a foolish "New Egg" suggestion, but I thought I would at least throw it out there. Perhaps offering this as a GFM feature... I know it would be worth the $20.00 for me just to avoid clicking through all the pages of posts looking for TN/NC/KY/GA, etc.

thanks,
Justin Davis

Last edited:
I'm going to second this. I think an events calendar would be a wonderful idea, and make it much easier to tell when things are happening and where.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom