CHICKEN'TOPIA

melalthia

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 9, 2008
Boulder Creek, CA.
Hello BYC'ers!

So still a lot of work to do but our coop CHICKEN'TOPIA (Or Pecker Palace when I'm feeling really snarky..) is finally at a point where I feel comfortable posting pics of it's progress. Check it out and let me know what you think. Completely open to suggestions if you see things not quite right or could be better.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=18282

The run isn't done and we plan on finishing it up in between Xmas and New Years. I'm anxious to get it done. I don't like locking the girls up and not giving them full room to run.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new coop! It looks well constructed. That's great that you were able to get so much of the supplies free/cheap.

I like the ventilated roof, and I like the way you put the hardware cloth covering the vents underneath the inside wall boards. Very professional looking.

Very nice! It is obvious that a lot of thought went into constructing this coop. I am wondering how long I should wait before I start building a new coop without driving my hubby crazy, but this makes me wanna start!

Great looking coop! Those redwoods are tremendous! The idea of sharing them between three families is also a neat one as well. I hope it works out for you.

thats one good looking coop!
thumbsup.gif

Oh I am so jealous. Our freecycle almost never has any building materials. And our area Craigslist almost never has anything closer that 60 miles. I've been watching it for 4 months and only once was there something that was in the next town over. It was wood paneling from a remodel and it was gone in just a couple of hours. I am jealous yet very glad that you were able to find those great windows and other materials. And the coop looks fantastic! Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom