Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
So if you're looking for a purebred, would it be easier to find one maybe a bit more affordable if you're willing to buy one that isn't showable for something nonharmful like a disliked color or other basic dq like that

reputable breeders typically do not have dogs who are DQ'd from shows. They breed for several generations away from such faults. A well bred dog will cost you between 2k-5k. If you want a dog who is a fancy color, try a sport or a working line breeder. they focus less on color, and more on health testing and working ability, which means fancy colors may turn up

What's the difference?

Looks :

Bounderhill Goldens, Golden Retrievers, Dark Red Golden Retrievers, Field  Golden Retrievers,...jpeg
Boys — Goldenway Goldens.jpeg

Explosive Launch (Field Golden Retriever).jpeg

Pedigree_ GCH Am_Can_UKC CH Shor'Line Sovereign Of The Seas MBPIS BISS.gif

Show line dogs are bred to be show dogs, and family pets. Some dogs preform in sports, but its not as common. After generations of goldens not working in field, they loose their drive. Working line dogs are bred for a sport. They have lots more energy and drive

reputable breeders typically do not have dogs who are DQ'd from shows. They breed for several generations away from such faults. A well bred dog will cost you between 2k-5k. If you want a dog who is a fancy color, try a sport or a working line breeder. they focus less on color, and more on health testing and working ability, which means fancy colors may turn up
Huh, okay. I was just asking because that's how my grandma got one of her aussies. He was a blonde and apparently that color has something genetic to where they didn't want to use those for breeding so she was able to get it a bit less than one that could be shown and bred

Huh, okay. I was just asking because that's how my grandma got one of her aussies. He was a blonde and apparently that color has something genetic to where they didn't want to use those for breeding so she was able to get it a bit less than one that could be shown and bred

Its unlikely that your Grandma got her dog from a reputable breeder. Things happen, but reputable breeders will do genetic tests and will not breed together two dogs known for carrying a fautled color

I would assume that the trainability and aptitude of the individual dog would depend on the breeding line?

Yes, at least to some extent. Talking to the a particular breeder is probably the best way to find out about their specific dogs. Looking at a breeder's website can also help you know what kind of dogs they are trying to produce--they might have photos of dogs retrieving birds, or they might have photos of dogs in the show ring, or proudly list the obedience titles their dogs have won, or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom