Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Here is how training goes, LOL.. In PJ's. Right now we are still working on competition obedience stuff

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LilSwYqJ7DOlomEVlQDIa6YtKajCgSaQ/view?usp=sharing
Very impressive! :clap
I tested my training skills on my relatives' dog Jax today, and...it appears that I need some practice. His focus was on the hand with the treats 100% of the time, and he was definitely getting overexcited and impatient. At least now I know what I need to work on: calm settle and taking treats gently, probably with lower-value treats.

Very impressive! :clap
I tested my training skills on my relatives' dog Jax today, and...it appears that I need some practice. His focus was on the hand with the treats 100% of the time, and he was definitely getting overexcited and impatient. At least now I know what I need to work on: calm settle and taking treats gently, probably with lower-value treats.
How old, how well trained, and what breed is he? Those are all factors- if he's an energetic puppy of a stubborn breed that could totally make a difference.

My parents' training style is pretty much entirely based off of The Art of Raising a Puppy by the Monks of New Skete. I have heard that this is a great source, but is there any stuff that I should try to branch out from and do differently?

Back
Top Bottom