Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Yeah... thats ok! you live and you learn, and it wasn't your choice. It was your parents. Its OK! to have a puppy mill dog!!! as long as you know better!!
I do know better and also feel guilty
But hey, he’ll be happy here and we’ll take good care of him
He did have good vet info and also the video of him showed him playing outside in grass and stuff so that’s good at least

Today I walked ND- didn't want to misuse the choke chain so we walked on the harness (I couldn't find her flat collar). She was GREAT at both having the harness put on and on the walk- we did a combination of quiet roads, woods, and busy roads that I don't think she's done before. Played with her for a couple hours until I could tell she was getting tired- she is getting much better at jumping, but only with me- another friend from down the street came over (GSP friend) (with permission) and ND was all over her. I worked some on taking things gently, with middling success- she was good with the treats, and showed some improvement when I used low value toys. What I did is I put her in a down (which she is great at) and slowly extended my hand to her with my hand mostly covering what I was holding. Licking and sniffing got her the toy as well as gently grasping it, but lunging and wild biting got her no toy.

Back
Top Bottom