Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Is aggression normal in puppies? Charlie’s probably almost 4 (if not already) months old and is a little meanie. If he’s playing, and I pick him up for any reason, he’ll growl and bite me until I either yell at him or put him down. He also does this when I try to tell him “NO” or “STOP”. He just gets mad. He’s also TERRIBLE on a leash. I’m going to try a harness instead of a collar to see if anything improves. Also, he’ll bite and growl when I go to latch his collar. He’s pretty much only not a total meanie when it’s his way :/

Rally is less fancy than obedience, right?

I looked it up and they basically have to go fast and follow your commands on where to go and what to push, but i'm not super interested in it

Good point, and akc.org said that usually junior showmanship classes are free
Sometimes they are free but usually only if your dog is entered in another class.

Is aggression normal in puppies? Charlie’s probably almost 4 (if not already) months old and is a little meanie. If he’s playing, and I pick him up for any reason, he’ll growl and bite me until I either yell at him or put him down. He also does this when I try to tell him “NO” or “STOP”. He just gets mad. He’s also TERRIBLE on a leash. I’m going to try a harness instead of a collar to see if anything improves. Also, he’ll bite and growl when I go to latch his collar. He’s pretty much only not a total meanie when it’s his way :/
No not normal. You need to get a trainer involved. What breed?

The fact that we know nothing about the breeders, don't get pictures of the parents, the puppy prices are jacked up (even tho travel cost is separate), there's an application that you have to fill out but we don't know if they actually reject people based off of it, you don't get to see the housing conditions and the requirements that they have for breeders are not great
Did you see copies of the parents health tests? What are the parents registered name and you can look it up.

Neighbors have relatives over with this adorable little dog that looks like a terrier of some sort
He is blue-grey and has ears shaped like a scottie's
He has short legs and a longer back, but not to the point of a corgi or dachshund
His hair is cut short everywhere aside from his beard
He came over to say hi to me (we don't have a fence between our yards) and his bark was kinda howly
Any ideas what he is?

Back
Top Bottom