Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Charlie went to the pumpkin patch today :love We went through the corn maze together- he wasn’t a fan of it and neither was I— kids running around and almost stepping on him (some parents should watch their kids but they don’t). But we both enjoyed everything else. We picked out lots of pumpkins and rode the hayride. He also got to meet a baby cow and lots of new people. He even got a pup cup from Skooter’s Coffee on the way home. Charlie never once barked or anything, even when he got nervous with all the screaming kids lol. Super proud of my boy. All around an enjoyable fall weather day ❤️ View attachment 2868504View attachment 2868505View attachment 2868506View attachment 2868507View attachment 2868508
What a good boi!

Oh that would be awesome! I started out training a puppy for Canine Companions for Independence MANY years ago, but failed because I could not get his stomach gas under control. I was taking college classes at the time. And my church family absolutely could not tolerate the smell. 😵 He was an amazing pup and I don't know whether he made it through the program, but I could not take him with me everywhere so I sent him back. It's a big commitment. The pup has to be socialized and house-trained, of course, but to my mind the biggest issues are keeping it from learning bad habits like begging at the table, jumping up, getting in the trash and so forth. The whole family has to be on board with these things. One family member sneaking treats at the table can undermine what you're trying to do. Or someone stomping their foot to scare the dog because they think it's funny. Things like that. But the hardest part may be giving the dog back to the program when you've done your part after being bonded to the pup for six months or a year or more, when it's been constantly by your side day and night, everywhere you go. It's not an easy thing to do, even when you think you're ready. But if you can do it, there's no greater joy than being at that dog's graduation ceremony a year or so later when he's been placed with his graduate and goes on to fulfill his destiny, and you know you had a part in that. Good luck, and if you get accepted into the program I hope you'll start a thread and keep us posted, with lors of pictures so we can cheer you on! ❤️
Thank you! I will start a thread! Thankfully I am the youngest in my family and if I tell them not to do something with the puppy they won’t. Giving the puppy back is going to be hard but worth it!
Do it!!!!!!
I will! Still have to move house first :(

Getting the samoyed puppy might be pushed back a year or 2, because I might end up raising a guide dog puppy! Depending on a lot of things, so I might not end up doing it.

Depending on how long the waiting list is for Samoyed puppies, raising a guide dog puppy might not change anything about how soon you can get one.

I like math because I love how everything makes sense and lines up
That is exactly what I loved about math, too! The logic, the orderliness.

I used a LOT of trig in my time designing plastic injection molds, especially the tangent function. I dusted that knowledge off when I was working on building stuff for my chicken run. If you go into architecture, geometry and trigonometry will be indispensable.

Hey, I was wondering if you maybe knew what might be going on with my dog. He's a 14yo Schnoodle and he woke up today with his right eye a little swollen and he's got a notable decline in activity. We fed him (which he usually goes nuts about) and he skittered away like he was scared which he never does. He then tried to go hide in the bathroom. He kept going close to the bowl then skittering away. He then finally choked the food down (it's wet food) and then skittered into the bathroom. We then let him out, and he went out, peed, and went back in even before we did. He's a little shaky too. He's acting so pathetic and sad, burrowing into my lap on the couch and sighing. We know he's allergic to grain, it makes him itch. He's on meds for incontinence and Vetprofen for his hip.

Sorry if this was really lengthy, we're taking him to the vet when they open but I wanted to see if anyone knew something out of curiosity. I'm suspecting allergic reaction or bee sting.

Hey, I was wondering if you maybe knew what might be going on with my dog. He's a 14yo Schnoodle and he woke up today with his right eye a little swollen and he's got a notable decline in activity. We fed him (which he usually goes nuts about) and he skittered away like he was scared which he never does. He then tried to go hide in the bathroom. He kept going close to the bowl then skittering away. He then finally choked the food down (it's wet food) and then skittered into the bathroom. We then let him out, and he went out, peed, and went back in even before we did. He's a little shaky too. He's acting so pathetic and sad, burrowing into my lap on the couch and sighing. We know he's allergic to grain, it makes him itch. He's on meds for incontinence and Vetprofen for his hip.

Sorry if this was really lengthy, we're taking him to the vet when they open but I wanted to see if anyone knew something out of curiosity. I'm suspecting allergic reaction or bee sting.
Stroke?

Back
Top Bottom