Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Agreed! Because I research dogs, I keep getting ads for things like 'Puppy Spot' where they sell terribly bred puppies with messed up drives of every single breed at an outrageous price.
My parents: *see this website*
My parents:
1635181070552.png

I love finn but his breeding is horrible

Thank God my parents are bigger dog people than I am. They pointed out the fact that our dog friends are BYB and I hadn't even noticed...

They are also best friends with our breeder so we get all the problematic dogs people get angry over 🤣 Like the lady who had Auggie before us hadn't been completely backround checked (first and last time poor thing) and he was mildly abused. Louie had CEA which was unexpected for the breeding pair. Rory was really little and they didn't want her to travel. They wanted someone the could drive 20 min. to and help us put weight on her quickly.

Backyard Bred (BYB)
Our dog friends are actually backyard breeders and it makes me uncomfortable. They "breed" white German shepherds :sick:duc
:sick

White swiss shepherds: :love
White german shepherds: :sick

if you like white GSDs, just go get a WSS, they're almost the same breed, they literally split off from GSDs pretty recently

White swiss shepherds: :love
White german shepherds: :sick

if you like white GSDs, just go get a WSS, they're almost the same breed, they literally split off from GSDs pretty recently

If they are almost the same breed, and both came from German Shepherds originally, what is the difference now? And what makes one better than the other?

If they are almost the same breed, and both came from German Shepherds originally, what is the difference now? And what makes one better than the other?
White GSDs are off standard, which means that only irreputable breeders are breeding them. I have yet to see a breeder of white GSDs who is competing with their dogs in any venue and doing all appropriate health testing. White swiss shepherds are a breed, with their own (slightly different, but still different) standard, and therefore there is an outline to breed them to. With them being rarer, there are also fewer breeders that don't actually care about the breed, so most breeders are competing with their their dogs and doing appropriate health testing.

White GSDs are off standard, which means that only irreputable breeders are breeding them. I have yet to see a breeder of white GSDs who is competing with their dogs in any venue and doing all appropriate health testing. White swiss shepherds are a breed, with their own (slightly different, but still different) standard, and therefore there is an outline to breed them to. With them being rarer, there are also fewer breeders that don't actually care about the breed, so most breeders are competing with their their dogs and doing appropriate health testing.
So it's not necessarily a problem with the dogs themselves.

It's about what you assume of the dogs' health and temperament, based on who breeds them. (Your assumptions may be right, but I'm not in a position to check that.)

Well, I suppose that makes some sense.

Back
Top Bottom