Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

That is hard to beat
1637767067905.png

IT HAS BEEN BEAT
HOLY CRAP

The fact that anyone wants a teacup size Samoyed is depressing lmao
Yeah, I really don’t understand why anyone would want a teacup Samoyed
Why not? I can see the attraction of a dog that looks like a Samoyed, and maybe acts like one, but is physically small. Plenty of apartments and houses for rent will ban big dogs but allow small dogs, and some people just do not want a big dog anyway.

I think a person who wants a "teacup" or "miniature" Samoyed should actually end up with a white Pomeranian, or miniature American Eskimo Dog, or any of the other small spitz-type dogs that can come in white. But a google search for "teacup Samoyed" might be a good first step in doing research, to tell them that "teacup Samoyeds" do not exist and to maybe point them in the direction of actual breeds with the traits they want.

Last edited:
Why not? I can see the attraction of a dog that looks like a Samoyed, and maybe acts like one, but is physically small. Plenty of apartments and houses for rent will ban big dogs but allow small dogs, and some people just do not want a big dog anyway.

I think a person who wants a "teacup" or "miniature" Samoyed should actually end up with a white Pomeranians, or miniature American Eskimo dogs, or any of the other small spitz-type dogs that can come in white. But a google search for "teacup Samoyed" might be a good first step in doing research, to tell them that "teacup Samoyeds" do not exist and to maybe point them in the direction of actual breeds with the traits they want.
my issue is with the people who will breed miniature samoyeds because they will sell, adding teacup and miniature to the name of a breed that is not miniature is done by puppy mills and backyard breeders , rather then reputable breeders. there are breeds similar to a Samoyed but smaller( like you have mentioned) that are a registered breeder that people will ignore because they can find miniature/teacup Samoyeds that are barley even a Samoyed

Since when is it the breeders choice how you feed YOUR dog? That’s pretty crusty.
Specially that they where claiming its bad for all samoyeds and it causes blockage in puppies. What makes this worse is they have never had a litter and it seems like they only have 3 samoyeds

Not to mention their replies to me answering their questions about puppy training where not the friendliest sounding and a bit weird

Back
Top Bottom