Chickidee doo dah Chickidee day from Austin TX

welcome-byc.gif

If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center, lots of good information there:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

It's nice to have you here, thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas (Blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Happy New Year to you as well.

So..I haven't signed in in a while. I got a trophy for 2yrs as a member, I will try to post more in the future. Sad to report that my 1st flock were killed by some bad neighbors dogs (I had extended the run & they jumped the compost pile/fence). Tradegy! I was very sad (& a little crazy:mad:)! I have a 2nd flock now & they don't have names (except for the Rooster that I adopted). Currently I have: 1 Rooster, aRhode Island Red named Mr Cogburn (or Vinny-that french recipe); 2 Barred Rocks; 2 Delaware; 2 EE (I think Americana?- the eggs are blueish); 1 Moran (had 2 but she fell off her roost young). The ladies just finished their 1st molt & I'm getting eggs again :celebrate! I am currently looking for ideas to improve (more) on my coop & ideas on a brooder in the coop to let my ladies reproduce naturally. I live in Austin & if there is anyone in the ATX that wants to talk 'chicken' with me (cause I've learned that not everyone wants to talk chicken), drop a line. Oh & RIP Buck Moore! Kim :frow

Back
Top Bottom